If you're searching for a unique gift idea this holiday season, consider giving something special that promotes health and wellness. Lake Health Wellness Coach Emma Giardini shares her favorite gift ideas to help your loved ones stay well:
Gift inspiration for healthy eating
Whether they're a passionate foodie or culinary beginner, your recipient may appreciate a gift that helps them eat healthier and try new things. Consider giving:
- Cooking or nutrition classes, such as the Cooking for Wellness series with Lake Health Integrative Medicine.
- Kitchen items: new cookware, a vegetable steamer, juicer or popcorn air-popper are all healthy options.
- Meal or food subscriptions boxed for home delivery.
- Cookbooks or a monthly cooking magazine subscription.
Help pave the road to fitness
Giving fitness equipment is a great way to show you care. It's even better if you commit to a new fitness routine together! Try one of these fit gift ideas:
- Exercise gear: clothing, resistance bands, weights, exercise DVDs, yoga mat, pedometer, heart rate monitor, sports equipment or bicycle accessories
- Gift certificate to a sporting goods store
- Prepaid enrollment in a group fitness or dance class
- LiveHealthy fitness center membership
- Books about fitness or holistic wellness.
Give an experience
For the person who seems to have everything, consider gifting an experience! Some fun options include:
- A homemade dinner of their choice
- Music lessons, concert tickets, art classes, a puzzle room experience or a zoo membership
- A massage or recharging reiki session
- A gift certificate to try something new, such as kayaking at a local metropark.
About the author
Emma Giardini, MEd, BS, Health and Wellness Coach, received a bachelor’s degree from Kent State University and a master’s degree in Exercise Science from Cleveland State University. She is a certified health and wellness coach and a certified yoga instructor. Emma’s passion is to educate others on how to achieve a sustainable healthy lifestyle filled with mindfulness. To learn more or to schedule an appointment with a wellness coach at the Lake Health Brunner Sanden Deitrick Wellness Campus, call 440-701-7537.