Choosing a surgeon to perform your bariatric surgery is a big decision that requires research and thoughtful consideration. Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir from the Lake Health Bariatric Surgery Center explains the factors you need to think about when deciding what surgeon–and weight loss surgery center–is right for you. 5 things you need to ask when choosing a bariatric surgeon:
- Are you a safe, skilled surgeon? How many bariatric surgeries have you performed? All surgeries have risks and the potential for complications. What complications have you had during your surgeries and why did these complications occur?
- Who will be doing my surgery? Will the surgeon I meet with be the same one who performs my surgery?
- Who helps manage my care after surgery? Will the same doctor who performed my surgery also care for me in the hospital during my recovery?
- Who will help ensure my weight loss success after surgery? Success after weight loss surgery requires dedication to lifestyle changes. Is there a team of experts to help teach me proper nutrition, plus monitor my progress and health?
- Will you help me get the financial details I need to make a decision? Will the bariatric surgeon's office help me figure out the cost of surgery and work with my insurance company to understand my coverage?
If you are interested in weight loss surgery and want to learn more about your bariatric surgery options in the Cleveland area, attend an in-person seminar or take our online webinar to learn more about the Lake Health Bariatric Surgery Center team and Dr. Ben-Meir.